Meant for Another Time

I have this nagging feeling that I it would have been more appropriate if I had been born in the 1800s or the 1900s. I just know it. My political and social tastes are more or less 60-100 years old. I have these ambitions involving imperialism and desire of colonialism. Even the music such as The British Grenadiers, Paganini, The Beatles appeal to me more than the stuff we get today.

Then again, th 1900s, especially in a backwater country like *this*, life sucked. The Philippines was probably the "Poland" of Asia since the big nations would always fight for the land and the local resistance was always crushed eventually.

*sigh* How I wish I could have been born in The British Empire during the Victorian Era, or perhaps in France during Napoleon's time, or even in The Kingdom of Prussia during the German Unification by Otto Van Bismarck, maybe even the time of the Beatles and Woodstock.

Those were the days...

0 Comments and Crticisms: