Doubtless, The Happiest I've Been In Months

School last Friday ended like any other. I was downstairs with my classmates chatting away about wine, school, and other stuff, admiring a pretty red flower Pamela found, asking Rene Boy about tips on DotA, the usual after-school things. Then, as my eyes took in the sight of the wonderful clouds in the sky, as my face felt the a gently wind breeze past, I felt an sense of calm and contentment lift me up. It was at that moment did I feel a sudden urge to enjoy this splendid beauty somewhere more quiet, somewhere when I can have good rest, and that somewhere would be the Rainforest Area, a few blocks away. So I went.

I departed from school and walked there, taking in the the many sights around me. From the clouds in a slow race in the deep blue sky, to the busy vehicles passing by. I stopped for a moment to buy refreshments in the form of a P12 bottle of coke. Walking past the Rainforest Gates, I duly noted the sign saying "Closing Time 5:30". Checking my junk of a cellphone, it was still 4:43, plenty of time to enjoy myself. I went straight to the amphitheater, sitting down beside the pond. After a small while of gently brushing my fingertips on the cool waters, I took off my shoes and socks to feel the fresh grass between my feet as I lay in the grassy field (imitating what some people were already doing). For a brief moment, I have found my paradise - forgetting an essay to be written, script to be made, answers to be solved...A small yellow flower fell upon me and as I held in my hands, I quickly recognized it. The flower looked exactly like the one which grew in my grandparents' house in Tarlac. This yellow flower was indeed special to me, for it was also the first thing I ever planted on the ground, the first thing to live and grow under my care. I looked around me slowly. Above was a jet, flying by and there were birds flying freely in the sky. Around me were people, both young and old, enjoying a carefree moment. Everywhere was nature's beauty, from the trees swaying to the rhythm of the wind, the still pond....Oh, mere words are not enough to express the beauty and serenity I experienced on that day.

Alas, all days must end...That best of that day ended at about 5:30...but it ended with a genuine smile of contention etched on my face.

2 Comments and Crticisms:

  Anonymous

October 6, 2007 at 9:58 PM

beautiful...i am speechless!

  Paolo Baladad

October 7, 2007 at 7:08 AM

you are not speechless


you are rike